Angle Education provides preparation courses for Cambridge Examinations (IELTS, KET, PET, FCE and CAE ) and the Trinity GESE Examination.
Angle Education is an approved centre for the Trinity GESE exam, and if you wish your students to take this exam, we can include the preparation and exam as part of the course fee. For other exams, such as the Cambridge Suite, we can prepare your students for the exams, but we cannot currently offer you the chance to take the exam whilst in London.
Our exam preparation courses focus on exam techniques and strategies. Courses will be designed around each group’s needs and requirements.
Our most popular programmes, click below for more details:
- General English with Exam Preparation for PON groups – Holloway
- General English with Exam Preparation for PON groups – Hoxton
- General English with Exam Preparation for 16+ year olds- Holloway
- General English with Exam Preparation for 16+ year olds- Hoxton
TRINITY GESE EXAMINATION
We prepare students to achieve a Trinity GESE qualification. The Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE) test students’ ability in speaking and listening. The examinations are one-to-one oral tests carried out by a Trinity examiner.
There are 12 grades altogether which are linked to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Anyone from absolute beginners to advanced-level language users can benefit from these examinations.
Why do a GESE exam?
• They are internationally recognised – meaning that you will gain a qualification proving your level of spoken English which is valuable for work or study purposes.
• The exams are practical and allow you to use your own life experience when speaking.
• There are four stages with three grades at each stage so you can gain a qualification no matter what your level:
- Initial (Grades 1-3)
- Elementary (Grades 4-6)
- Intermediate (Grades 7-9)
- Advanced (Grades 10-12)
GESE exams are approved for UK visa or settlement purposes.
For more information please go to: www.trinitycollege.com/GESE
We are a Trinity Examination Centre and students can take the Trinity GESE Examination with us at the end of the course.
We can prepare students for the following examinations: PET, KET, FCE, CAE and IELTS.
Cambridge English exams are accepted by over 13,5000 universities, employers and governments around the world. Cambridge exams can open doors to higher educations, improve employment opportunities, and because they are globally recognised, can increase learners’ choices for study and work.
Cambridge exams must be booked and paid for separately from preparation courses. We can provide advice on where to take Cambridge exams and assist with the bookings.
If students are unsure which test to take we can provide advice and students can also take a free test with Cambridge:
For more information please go to: www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams
We prepare students to take the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination.
By far the most popular English examination taken in the UK today and essential if you wish to study at a university in this country.
We work on all four parts of the exam to make sure you get the best possible score in each area. We provide you with strategies to maximise your result by concentrating on the key areas of each part of the exam.
• How to skim and scan read.
• Practise all the question types IELTS contains.
• How to deal with unknown words or expressions.
• Learn key vocabulary and expressions for coping with task one of the writing test.
• Become confident at longer writing for task two, with learning of essential academic vocabulary and terminology.
• Attention is paid to making sure your pronunciation is improved, corrected and you can be easily understood.
• Strategies are taught so that you always have something to say.
• Gain experience at dealing with all four parts of the listening exam
• Learn how to understand the questions and the types of information that the exam is testing for.
If you are taking IELTS in order to apply for entrance at a UK university then a full support and counselling service is available to help students choose the best university and to assist with the application process.
For more information please go to: www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams/ielts
Click below to see sample timetables: