We aim to teach students at all levels from Beginner to Advanced. The levels are based upon The CEFR ( The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment, a guideline used to describe achievements of learners of foreign languages across Europe. The six reference levels (see below) are becoming widely accepted as the European standard for grading an individual’s language proficiency.
Beginner (CEFR Pre-A1, Trinity GESE Grade 1)
- This structured course focuses on the particular needs of a beginner.
- All essential basics of English grammar and vocabulary are covered so that students can join a group class at Elementary level and cope in a group situation.
Please note there are no group lessons available for Beginners unless students arrive as a closed group.
Elementary (CEFR A1, Trinity GESE Grade 2)
- Classes are focused on practical everyday English with lots of work on relevant vocabulary so that the student can participate in UK life and make the most of their visit.
Pre-Intermediate (CEFR A2, Trinity GESE Grade 3, Cambridge KET)
- Students acquire language very quickly at this level. All key grammatical structures are covered by the completion of this level and their bank of vocabulary increases.
Intermediate (CEFR B1, Cambridge PET, Trinity GESE Grade 5, 6)
- At this level our students can express themselves confidently and are capable of having rewarding conversations with native speakers.
Upper-Intermediate (CEFR B2, Cambridge FCE, Trinity GESE Grade 7, 8, 9)
- Students have an operational command of language at this stage and are capable of working on more complicated texts and interaction patterns. This leads to their English being used more effectively for professional or academic purposes.
Advanced (CEFR C1, Cambridge CAE, Trinity GESE Grade 10, 11)
- Students have a very high operational command of the English language at this level and can understand almost everything spoken or written. Various writing and speaking styles are covered in lessons so that the learner has a wide range of expression.
General English and Summer Camps Learning Outcomes:
Our students’ performance over their course is recorded by their teachers using a learning outcomes report.
Click below to see the reports: